Monday 1 December 2014

Local Study

In our theme afternoon we looked on google earth and found different places in Fordham. We labelled them on our maps. Liberty

We had a look on our maps to find the three horse shoes and Fordham School. We had a look on the computer to look at photos of Fordham. Jessica


Dear Parents

The children were very enthusiastic to be introduced to Google Earth and Maps and used these to look at Fordham village this afternoon.  However each group only had about 5 minutes to use.  As the children were keen,  I promised that I would ask that perhaps you allow your child to use Google Earth/Maps at home under your supervision.

Many thanks

Mrs Smith

8 comments:

  1. I have found my house on goggle earth, and I found my nannys house Callum Easton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow well done you! Did you look at the different 'layers'? Mrs Smith

      Delete
  2. Hi Mrs Smith, I came across this link and thought it might be helpful for your "Growing

    http://www.jamieskitchengarden.org/

    Kind regards


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh! meant Growing Club

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you, I shall take a sneaky peak when I have 5 minutes!

      Delete
  3. I went on google earth at home. Emilycook

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week we have been learning about shapes. We learned that they're four types of angles.An acute angle is below 90 degrees, a right angle is 90 degrees,a obtuse angle is between 90 degrees and 180 degrees and a reflex angle is between 180 degrees and 360 degrees. We also learned about symmetrical patterns and vertices. (Kirsty)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw i love you Mrs Smith i always have fun learning with you as an example like i always get gold book winner and btw i have constipation thats why i knew about the bowel kidneys and everything else :) by Holly

    ReplyDelete