Tuesday 1 December 2015

Bug Club Reminder (and House Points)

Dear All

I know it is unusual to get a mid-week blog from me but I just wanted to let you all know that every child in Class 3 has been allocated further Bug Club books and maths games today.

I apologise to Lucy who has been waiting aggggggeeeeeesss!!!  But there should be enough to keep you going now Lucy until Christmas. 

The following children have each gained 3 house points for their very active participation with Bug Club (make sure you put your house points in tomorrow):

 Lucy, Charlotte, Louie, Imogen and Henry.  Well done, really proud.  

There were quite a few children who have got a number of allocations that have not been opened (some in excess of 20 allocations).  Please remember that this is a wonderful resource to help children both in their reading comprehension and with their mental maths.  We are aware that there are a few technical issues with running some of the games on tablets (I think the children say they are quite slow), but the reading books should all be able to be opened and accessed.  

I have purposefully tried to allocate books which will stretch the children a little further.  I would ask you to urge your child to 'have a go' - even if it's just the first chapter or couple of pages.  It is really important that the children do this and have a go at the first few bug questions, as these are all testing the children's comprehension skills. 

As a school we have access to the assessment of these books and bug questions for each child, so this information helps us to plan our guided reading sessions based on the children's learning needs.

Thank you.


Mrs S





  




2 comments:

  1. Okey Kokey Mrs S. We're on it! Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca (Evie-May's mum)11 December 2015 at 05:46

    Hi Mrs Smith. I am sorry that Evie-May has not been on bug club this term, I have forgotten her details and haven't been able to access the site. Please could you let me know where I can find this out and we can start working through the activities.

    ReplyDelete