Friday 10 June 2016

Celebrating The Queen's 90th Birthday!




We have all had a great day making and wearing our crowns while we celebrate the 90th birthday of Queen Elizabeth II.  We learnt about her life and created an impressive factfile.  We then chose a portrait from her life to re-create in either pastels or water colours. 
The children all wrote about what they think life will be like when they are 90.  We had floating cars, changing colour clothing and flying houses.  Let's see what ones will come true in 2099!!

We also wrote some very thoughtful prayers to be read in Church on Sunday.  The children thought about her safety when travelling all over the world, for her to enjoy time with her corgis and great grandchildren and for her to be kind to David Cameron!

Well done everyone for some wonderful learning; we will be sending a big parcel off to Buckingham Palace so Her Majesty can see all our splendid learning.
Don't forget to check out the new gallery on the website for some more photos from our street party lunch.

Mr. Wainwright

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely had the most wonderful time at your street party for the Queens 90th. I think Buckingham Palace are going to struggle to match that party.

    I was very impressed with all your art work and learning I saw in your classroom. How great it is to learn all about our monarch.

    Thank you again for having us for the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no good I've had to come back and make another comment. Thank you Mr Wainwright and all your staff that out this open school event/celebration together. It simply was wonderful. So lovely to have a transparent school that welcomes parent and family input. Pat your backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs. Squire! It was lovely to have the 'community' come together. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had an absolutely fantastic time at school this afternoon. Lunch was delicious (my compliments to the kitchen staff). I thought thw children were incredibly well behaved. I had a great time in your class today. Evie-May I thought your booklet was great and provided me with lots of information about the queen. Your painting was excellent and I hope it makes it way onto the large banner to be sent to Buckingham Palace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Evie-May's picture will be heading to Buckingham Palace for sure. I will pass on your compliments to the kitchen staff.

      Delete
  5. I too had a very enjoyable afternoon with you all on Friday. The quality of the children's portrait painting was exceptional. There are lots of budding artists in Class 3. Well done!
    Carol Palmer.

    ReplyDelete