Tuesday 4 November 2014

Bug Club and all things Homework!

Dear Parents

I have allocated seven books to your child on Bug Club.  These are a selection of both fiction and non-fiction titles.  The books have been allocated as homework for the complete half term, please do not panic!  As Bug Club is a new initiative I would be grateful to receive your feedback - how do your children find the books (are they pitched appropriately?), do they enjoy the interactive experience? (there are little yellow bugs for the children to press throughout the texts with key questions).  I would be grateful to receive your comments here on Class 3's blog.  Please also encourage your children to write feedback and book reviews here on the blog too.

Active Learn maths homework has also been allocated, but this is just one game for this week.

The children have been given their homework books today.  You will find that they have been asked to research 'Children in the Blitz'.  This research can be completed using a variety of sources.  I have asked the children to present their findings in a presentation which should be no larger than an A4 sheet of paper.  However I am happy for the children to use ICT and can complete their homework using Word or Powerpoint, or alternatively they can present their own handwritten 'poster' style completed in their homework books.  This homework is not due until the Friday, 14th November when the children will be asked to present their findings to the class.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if your child is finding difficulty with any of the homework tasks (or comments can be left here on the Blog).

With appreciation for your continued support.

Mrs Smith


2 comments:

  1. Well about Homework what is my Login to Active learn priamary.Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bug club because the book that I'm reading called Dog Alert is brilliant! It is about a girl in a wheelchair called Zoe. She has moved to a very cold place in the middle of nowhere and there are lots of big, scary dogs. She doesn't like it there! (I wouldn't like it there either because I am also scared of dogs.)

    ReplyDelete