Saturday 5 March 2016

Food, Glorious Food!!!



Hi!

Wow- I've just seen Mr Wainwright's post about World Book Day! It looks like you had so much fun!! I have to say that I am quite upset that I missed it- it's my favourite school day of the year! 

Well done to everyone for putting in a top effort- a special bravery award goes to George for his 'Boy in a Dress' costume! Great stuff!! I can't wait to continue the Roald Dahl theme next term- we have some great ideas for you all!


Although I'm not sure how it compares to your day on Thursday, I hope you would agree that we also had a fab few days together! I was really impressed with how well you took to Fractions- you were all up for a challenge and persevered really well. Someone who has really stood out for me recently in Maths is Maya... I've been so proud of her confidence and enthusiasm. Well done! 


Class 3, your writing has also been great this week- with a focus on really cracking that formal and 'serious' tone in our letter writing! I loved reading them all- if I was the president of Brazil then I would definitely think twice about changing the law for deforestation- your writing definitely meant business!!


I think the girls that were cooking on Weds in Science would definitely agree that they had a great time! I couldn't believe the excitement in the air. The starters you made not only looked (and tasted!) delicious but they were also nutritional and you really thought about the 'Eat Well Plate' that we had been learning about in previous weeks. I've included some photos of the cooking for you to enjoy :)


Can't wait for next week... :) 


Have a lovely weekend!

Mrs Ward

18 comments:

  1. I loved world book day it was really fun especially Mr Wainwright bold when he taste the potion

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved world book day because Mr Wainwright had some of the potion and I liked the look of the food that was baked by the year 3s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really impressed with the healthy yummy food I tasted from Esme, Charlotte and Sophie. I ate all of mine! They did a fab job, had great communication and really good team work skills. As we say at home "Team work making the dream work!" Well done guys.

    Mrs Ward, would it be possible to let me know how to add a video to the blog? If it is a long process, please do not worry. Esme would like to do a video for her next piece of homework, and I thought it might be easier to add it on the blog, rather than bringing a CD in. If it is too much trouble, we will pop it on a CD. We know you are extremely busy! Thank you.

    Kelly, Esmes mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, we can upload small video files. If you wish to send the video to us or bring it in on a memory stick we can try and upload but the file does have to be small. The other way of doing is putting it on YouTube and then sharing via the blog, it can then be a bigger file size.

      Delete
    2. Hi, we can upload small video files. If you wish to send the video to us or bring it in on a memory stick we can try and upload but the file does have to be small. The other way of doing is putting it on YouTube and then sharing via the blog, it can then be a bigger file size.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Mr Wainwright. We shall try to do it via YouTube.

      Delete
    4. I have added the video to the homework post. Fingers crossed it works, and you can view it!

      Kelly Dacres

      Delete
  5. I really the vido.
    By Ashton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Ward what is are homework in books because its not in my homework book by the way love the video.Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs Ward what is are homework in books because its not in my homework book by the way love the video.Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the cooking it was so tasty and yummy and the video of are group was so cool and the other group.charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you Mrs Ward for getting all the stuff we need for are cooking
    charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Charlotte! Hope you're now sorted with the homework- sorry for the confusion :(

      Delete
  10. Thank you for writing about me in the blog Mrs Ward


    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! The last time I looked at this there were no comments! Glad you're all enjoying the cooking!!

    ReplyDelete