Monday 28 November 2016

PE and keeping healthy

On Monday afternoons, we have been having squash lessons with our squash coach, Paul.  Children have been developing skills in agility and coordination as well as starting to learn some competitive skill for playing a game of squash.  On Wednesday afternoons, children have PE with Mr Askew.  Mr Askew is helping develop children's fitness and enjoyment for PE as well as teaching them new team games to enjoy.  Here they are in action.  










In Science, Year 3 enjoyed exploring how shadows are formed.  We did this by creating and performing our own puppet theatre shows.  By the end, children could explain how shadows are formed as well as knew how shadows could be made bigger or smaller.  




Watch this space for our Wonderful Writers this week as we write our warm piece of writing today, a recount about a day in a Victorian Workhouse.  

Mrs McMillan




4 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs McMillan, Nina thinks that the details of her maths [book] homework are on the blog but I can't find them - can you help? Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry Tom I do not always write the homework on the blog, I write it straight into the books when I mark them. I don't have the page numbers for Year 3 on me but I will find them out for Nina tomorrow. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. That would be great as I think 'we' are a bit behind - sorry. BTW, the puppet theatres look amazing! Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, tell her to bring her book in tomorrow and all will be sorted!!! Thanks, they had great fun!

      Delete