Thursday 18 June 2015

End of another week!

Well done to everyone for a fantastic Sports Day this week!  What lovely weather we had to make the day perfect.  To all of you who supported our Class 3 Balloon Race we have already received emails from balloon finders - one as far away as Kent!  We will announce our winner next week when Class 3 will have decided which Amazon Rainforest to adopt.

Apart from the excitement of Sports Day we have also enjoyed meeting children's author Clementine Beauvais.  Clementine's presentation really inspired the children to write by making the ordinary - extraordinary with an exciting   We look forward to seeing her influences in the Mystery and Suspense unit that we begin next week in literacy.

Today Year 3s made their own Classification display (interactive game) in Science and we were able to video the children playing the game by using one of the new ipads - thanks to Phoebe for being my ICT support, although I think I still need some help in orientation as we had to watch the game with crooked necks!!

Year 4s had a fabulous presentation with Oaks and Acorns today from a local bee-keeper, Chris.  We learnt all about how a hive works - did you know the Queen bee never leaves the hive because the keeper clip her wings?  We also learnt that bees will travel up to three miles away from the hive, but will always return to their 'home'.

In Maths we have revisited measurement and in particular capacity and perimeter. Next week we will be revisiting counting up and down in tenths.  In Science we shall be creating an animal which lives in the  Amazon Rainforest using key questions to classify.

Class 3 will continue to learn their songs for the Summer Production.  You should all receive a parent mail and hard copy of a letter from Mrs Bowles with regard to costumes for the Production tomorrow.

Mrs S


With David, investigating equipment . . . 


and hives . . . 

and beeswax

Our interactive Classification game


Emily and Lydia's yes/no to key questions



7 comments:

  1. Wow, great photos. I am looking forward to seeing your rainforest animals. Thank you also Class 3 for all your charity work with the balloons on sports day!

    Mr. Wainwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game was really fun and I loved making the board by Elliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs smith how are we going to make our river model if we dont have our design for it because the measurements are in our homework book. Callum Easton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Smith I have tried my best to build my river model with out my measurements my dad helped me by buying the materials for me. Please can i bring it in to school? Callum Easton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh, Callum you were supposed to take your homework books home!! If possible can you remind either Mrs Smith or Mrs Martin tomorrow for me? Don't forget to thank your dad - can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed playing the classification game making it. I also liked looking for the mini beasts and looking at them through the magnifying glass and all the pots. I loved making the video about it. I liked making new Amazon Rainforest animals and labelling them. By Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops meant to say 'playing the game and making it' Jessica

      Delete