Sunday 19 April 2015

Bug Club and Active Learn issues/Rainforest Link

Dear Parents

It has come to our attention that when a recent upgrade was carried out by Active Learn (to incorporate Bug Club), there were some technical hitches which resulted in a whole host of issues relating to the children's allocation of both homework and reading books.

I tried to resolve these by de-alloating all the children's reading books on Friday, which I had allocated over the Easter holidays.

I have today tried to allocate both Active Learn games and Bug Club books but keep getting timed out.  I am hoping that this may be something connected to my own intermittent broadband connection at home and shall try to re-allocate all games and books tomorrow at school (when I will also have technical support, aka Mr Wainwright!).

Please bear with me, in the meantime I promised the children an espresso link to look at with regard to the rainforest (we have looked briefly at this in class).  It is as follows, the children should be able to recognise the link to National Geographic.  They were really keen to investigate this further.  I hope that this link may also help as a starting point for their Rainforest information text that I have asked them to prepare as homework this week.  Please be reminded that this is not due in until Monday, 27th April in order to give the children time to produce a 'quality' rather than 'quantity' piece of homework!

https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/modules/www/geography/kids_corner/content.html

As always many thanks for your patience and understanding.

Mrs S

No comments:

Post a Comment