Monday 11 January 2016

Active Learn and Bug Club Update

Dear Class 3,

I have cleared all your current Active Learn folders and given you all new books, grammar games and maths games to work on over this half term.  Don't forget you can login on the right of this blog.  If you have forgotten your login please come and see me and I will re-set it for you.
We will check Active Learn on a Friday morning to see who will be our Bug Club champions of the week for extra housepoints.
I have assigned a selection of fiction and non-fiction for each of you.  Don't forget to answer the questions by clicking on the 'bug' as you read, this will really help you with your reading comprehension for guided reading. 
Maths games are all linked to mental maths-  doubling, number bonds and times tables.  Set yourself a challenge of completing them as quickly as possible, can you beat your time?
The grammar games are mostly linked to conjunctions that we will be looking at in class in detail this half term.
The books are great, many with sound effects too- enjoy and remember great readers make Wonderful Writers! 
Please see Mrs. Ward's post below for a challenge for extra housepoints...

Mr. Wainwright

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Mr Wainwright for the lovely books and math games i will do vos

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure Alexandra, I think you will really enjoy the book choices. Please add a post comment about the book if you wish. Was it good? Why? What was your favourite bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure Alexandra, I think you will really enjoy the book choices. Please add a post comment about the book if you wish. Was it good? Why? What was your favourite bit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mr Wrainwright for all my books and maths games I will look forward to doing them. Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. W I have read the first book you gave me in Bub Club and answered all the questions. I really enjoyed the chapter about pizza eating. GM

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Mr W, I have done two of my Active Learn maths exercises. Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant Natalie, I am really pleased with your maths progress.

      Delete
    2. Brilliant Natalie, I am really pleased with your maths progress.

      Delete