Thursday 28 January 2016

Persuasive Writing, Multiplication and more

This week we completed our adventure story unit with some excellent warm and hot pieces of writing, you will see the books at learning conferences!  Children remembered to use inverted commas to add speech to their writing and descriptions were much improved.
We are now working on persuasive leaflets and have looked at a number of leaflets to find examples of persuasive language, alliteration, imperative verbs, sub headings, the use of colour and quotes from visitors.
Is this persuasive language?

That illustration helps persuade

How many sub headings?

I found the imperative verb!
In Maths I have been delighted with how Class 3's mental maths is improving.  We looked at the 19 times table today from our Number of the Day work (+20 then -1).  We are now looking at multiplication and tomorrow will be using our 3 times table knowledge to solve written grid method questions, practising our addition too.
In RE we have made a 'chain of respect' with people from different religions we have been learning about and adding the symbols and other information about those religions to our people.  In theme Music this week Mrs. Ward has been sharing the songs of Bob Marley and we have been working our own reggae rhythms.
We hope to have our theme art linked to environmental issues in Brazil on display soon for you all to see too.

Mr. Wainwright

9 comments:

  1. Esmé and I shall get out our times table CD out, and sing along to it on the way to school in preparation.

    The 19x timetable is very difficult, good job guys!

    Esmés mummy Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esmé and I shall get out our times table CD, and sing along to it on the way to school in preparation.

    The 19x timetable is very difficult, good job guys!

    Esmés mummy Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was not the times table I was expecting, it was super hard. I will definitely be practising and I am sure I will get it one day! I LOVE TIMES TABLES.

    Esmé

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking at the Go Ape leaflet and will be going there in summer!! And I enjoyed finding the imperative verb and I have been practicing the times tables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, well done Alexandra...how exciting that you are going to Go Ape.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed looking at the Oasis camel Park leaflet and found some persuive languaege also I found some imperative verbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ingoyed loocking at the leaflets

    ReplyDelete